You can add receivables on the Finances tab of a project.
This is the summary of how much your client will pay you.
To do so, press "New receivable" and select the type of the receivable you want to add:
- "Flat rate"—if you just need to enter the amount of a receivable without entering volumes and rates.
- "Unit based"—if you have to enter the volume and rate for calculating the price.
- "CAT log based"—if you have fuzzy matches logs generated by CAT tools and want to calculate discounts for each type of match.
Each of the receivable types is described below.
Flat rate receivable
Under this header, you can enter the data for the receivable.
- PO number—you can enter the number of PO received from сlient. You may leave it blank if the client is not sending you any PO numbers.
- Language pair—here you have to select language pair for the receivable.
Note: You can select the language pair only from the ones you defined for the project when creating it.
- Service—here you have to select what service you are charging for.
- Note (hidden from client)—here you may add additional information that will be hidden from your client.
- Note (visible to client)—here you may enter additional information that will be visible to your client.
- Total—please enter the total amount here.
- Currency—please select the necessary currency here.
When you have finished entering all the data, press "Create" and the system will bring you back to the Finances tab of the project where you’ll be able to see all the receivables you've added.
If you press the "Create & clone" button, the previous receivable will be created, and you may add a new one based on pre-entered data right away.
Unit based receivable
Under this header, you may enter the data for the receivable manually or add the desired price by clicking on the corresponding row in the Relevant prices table.
Almost all data will be added automatically by the system, and you just need to specify the Unit amount:
In case you have added one of the general prices, you need to specify the unit amount, service, and language pair if necessary.
Cat log based receivable
Under this header, you may add a receivable based on a CAT log in a few simple steps:
1. Select the required CAT log file and, if necessary, choose the conversion rates template you need (first, it should be created):
By pressing the "Upload" link, you may upload another CAT log file to your project.
Press "Next" to proceed.
2. Then you may inspect and amend conversion rates in case of necessity:
Press "Next" to continue.
3. Select the Service you need, specify the Price per unit, and press "Create".
You may also add the relevant price per unit by clicking on the corresponding row in the Relevant prices table if there is any.
It will bring you to the Receivable details page which consists of three sections described below.
In this section you may clone, add a discount or/and an extra charge, update, or delete this receivable:
The section below provides a brief overview of the CAT log.
To see more detailed data such as the CAT log summary, data analysis, and its use in receivables\payables, click the CAT log name:
To do so, click the corresponding buttons:
Edit CAT log conversion rates
To edit conversion rates, press the "Edit rates" button:
It will open Edit CAT log conversion rates page.
Adjust conversion rates according to your needs and press "Apply" to confirm changes:
Apply rates template
To apply a different CAT log conversion rates template, press the "Apply rates template" button:
It will open Apply CAT log conversion rates template page.
Press "Apply template" in the row of the required template:
Here you may also update conversion rate table of the necessary template by pressing the "Edit template" button:
Make the changes you need and press "Update":
Discounts and Extra Charges
For every receivable, you can add a discount or extra charge.
To do that, click the receivable code:
It will open the receivable details page.
Press the "Discount & Extra charge" button:
Enter the required value and press "Update" to apply changes:
Note: This table is applicable only for Unit based and CAT log based receivables.
As you start entering receivable data, some price rows will turn green thus indicating that they might be relevant for this receivable:
You may also check the "All prices" option to add a tariff for this client to the database.
It will be displayed next time you enter a similar order.
This table at the top of the receivable contains its summary:
- Project name with a link to the Project details page.
- Specialization—project specialization selected for the project.
- Client name with a link to the Client profile.