On this page you can:
- Update job details, change its status or delete it.
- Add and edit payables to your vendor.
- Manage the job-related files and links to files.
Over the job details table you can see the progress chart describing the workflow for the job:
The job may have the following statuses:
- Draft—the job is still being edited and the vendor has not received any instructions to start.
- Proposed to vendor—the manager has started the job, i.e. instructed the vendor to start working.
- Confirmed by vendor—the vendor has confirmed that they take the job.
- Completed—the vendor has delivered and completed the job.
- Accepted by manager—the manager has checked the delivery and accepted it.
To get an idea of how it looks from the vendor’s side, please have a look at the Vendor user manual.
By default, every newly created job gets the "Draft" status, and you can change it by pressing the "Change status" button.
If a vendor is not assigned, the following alert message and buttons are displayed:
Pressing the "Update" or "Assign vendor" buttons opens the Update job page where you can select the vendor for the job.
In this case, you may also offer this job to several candidates by pressing the "Create tender" button.
If a vendor is already selected, the buttons look like in the following screenshot:
- Start job—when you press this button, the system sends an email message to the vendor notifying that they have the new job to work on.
The vendor then logs into the system, downloads files, and confirms the job by pressing on the corresponding button in their interface.
For more details, please see the Vendor user manual.
Note: If the vendor is assigned to other jobs with cross dates, the system will warn you about that when you press the "Start job" button. For more info, please see the Vendor availability page.
Note: It is recommended to enter payables and assign files before pressing this button. For more info, please see info below.
- Change status—opens the Change job status page where you can change its status.
- Update—opens the Update job page where you may update all basic details of the job.
- Clone—copies the job. More info here.
- Delete—deletes the job. The system will ask you to confirm deletion:
Note: The job which has payables linked with invoices cannot be deleted unless you delete the linked invoices first.
Payables to vendor
Note: You need to select a vendor for the job before you can enter payables.
Use this section to enter how much you are going to pay to your vendor.
To add a new payable, press "New payable" and select the type of the payable you want to add:
- "Flat rate"—if you just need to enter the amount of a payable without entering volumes and rates.
- "Unit based"—if you have to enter the volume and rate for calculating the price.
- "CAT log based"—if you have fuzzy matches logs generated by CAT tools and want to calculate discounts for each type of match.
It will open the New payable page where you can enter the necessary data.
You can add several payables to one job, if necessary:
Each payable can be cloned and deleted by clicking corresponding buttons.
Since deletion cannot be reverted, the system will ask you:
Also, you may update the payable by clicking the "Update" button in the receivable row.
It will open the Update payable page. If the job status is not "Draft", the vendor will be notified about payables changes by email.
Note: If the payable is included in a vendor invoice, it cannot be deleted or edited unless you delete the invoice first.
Please see more info on vendor payables here.
Job input files
In this section you can view the list of files included in this job.
The vendor gets these files through their interface, downloads them to his computer and works on them.
You can download each file by clicking its name, and you can download all the files at once by clicking "Download as ZIP":
If you want to change the list of files assigned to this job, press Manage input files.
Job output files
In this section you can view translated files or links to files delivered by your vendor.
If you have any additional files for adding, you may upload these files or add links to the files by clicking "Upload" or "Add URLs" correspondingly.
You may also delete uploaded files and links by pushing the "Delete" button.
You can download each file individually by clicking on its name, or you may download all the files at once by clicking "Download as ZIP".
Note: The job output files which are input files for for another jobs cannot be deleted.
But if you need to delete such a file, please go to the related job by clicking on its code:
Then unlink this file using the "Manage input files" option.
After that, you'll be able to delete this file.
Free of charge job
If you are not going to pay for this job, you may mark it as free of charge.
To do this, you need to go to the job page and press "Update":
Mark the "Free of charge" checkbox and confirm in with the "Update" button:
It will hide the Payables to vendor section, and you won’t be able to enter payables. You can revert it by unmarking the "Free of charge" checkbox.
Note: The "Free of charge" status is made to differentiate free jobs from those where you just forgot to enter payable.
Thus, you will easily find jobs with missing payables. If the job is "Free of charge", then it has no missing payables.