Project details, Files tab
On the Files tab of the Project page you can:
- Upload the files and links to the files received from your customer
- See the files assigned to and delivered by vendors
- Upload and store the files delivered to customers
This part of the page is intended for uploading input files of the project, i.e. the files you received from your customer.
To upload files into the system, press the "Upload files" button:
You may also add a link (file URL) to an external file instead of uploading the file to the system.
To do so, press the "Add file URLs" button:
Note: You can upload several links (file URLs) at once if nesessary. To do so, please put each file URL on a separate line:
Once you finish uploading, all files and links to files will be displayed in the list of project input files.
You may download any file or open a link by clicking on their names. Also, you can download all files together by pressing "Download files as ZIP" button.
Each file and link can be deleted by pressing the "Delete" button:
You can also delete a bunch of files and links at once.
To do so, tick the ones you don't need anymore and press "Delete selected":
However, it can be done only if the file and link to the file are not currently used, i.e. have not been included in any job assigned to the vendor.
You can see the assignments below, in Jobs Input section.
Note: You cannot delete the project input file or link to this file if it is assigned to a vendor as the part of a job. The "Delete" button and check-box are not displayed in that case:
So, if you have already assigned the file to the vendor, you need to go to the Job input files section of the corresponding job page,
press "Manage input files", and remove the checkbox from the file row. After this, you'll be able to remove the file from the project (if you have not assigned it to some other vendors too).
This part of the page displays the files which are included in the jobs assigned to vendors (i.e. translators, proofreaders etc.):
You may download any file by clicking its name. Also, you can download all the files together by pressing the “Download as ZIP” button.
Also, you may press the job code and open the details for the corresponding job, where you can manage the files of the job.
Also, you may press the vendor name to open his/her profile.
This part of the page displays the files which were delivered by the vendors when they completed their jobs:
Similarly, to job input files, you may download any file by clicking its name or all the files together by pressing "Download as ZIP" button.
Also, you may go to details of the corresponding job by clicking its name or to Vendor profile by clicking his/her name.
Also, you may select the files and add them to the project output:
This section of the page displays files and\or links to the files that you deliver to your customer.
You may add project output files and links in 2 ways:
1) By using the files and links from the job output, as described above.
2) By uploading them manually with the "Upload additional files" and "Add file URLs" buttons correspondingly. Manually uploaded files and links are displayed in the additional table:
You can remove files and links from the project output by selecting them and pressing the "Unlink Selected" button.
Also, you can delete manually uploaded project output files and links by pressing the "Delete" button:
Again, you may download any file or open a link by clicking on their names, or download all the files together by pressing "Download files as ZIP" button.
Apart from the Files, the project has the following tabs:
- The Details tab contains the project details you entered during the project creation and update, click to see the details.
- The Jobs tab is used to assign the jobs to the vendors (e.g. translators, proofreaders etc.), click to see the details.
- The Finances tab is used to enter all receivables from the client and to view the payables to the vendors, click to see the details.
- The CAT logs calculates discounts for each type of match if you have fuzzy matches logs generated by CAT tools.